The Revit Lead is a dual role (studio BIM 50%/national content 50%), responsible for the ongoing support and training for our people as related to Revit and associated digital practices. Provide workflows, problem diagnosis and solutions, and project setup assistance to all project teams in the studio. Work closely with the COX national Design Technology group, to ensure the overall national/studio strategies are developed and maintained, and project reference files are upheld in a quality assured state. Contribute to the development of COX Revit content as a member of the national Revit content creation team.
Key responsibilities: Studio BIM:
- The role requires the successful candidate to be a team leader in a team environment.
- Provide technical delivery of ambitious design outcomes.
- Manage AEC software including, but not limited to, incorporating new version releases, maintaining legacy software and customising software based on Cox’s standards.
- Stay informed on best practices for use of Revit Architecture, AutoCAD and BIM.
- Provide support for Revit, CAD related issues.
- Responsible for implementation, enforcement and continuous improvement of Cox’s BIM Standards.
- Facilitate training needs of Cox’s staff.
- Conduct continuing education on Revit/BIM processes.
- Liaise with national Revit content creation Lead/team and assist with:
- Conducting reviews of national Revit content library to identify development opportunities, and review of alternative content management systems.
- Producing and distributing training and library development newsletters, and reports on the status of the national Revit content library.
- Creating Revit Content (both strategically and on demand).
- Maintaining and update the Cox Revit content creation standards.
- Training content creators both locally and nationally.
- Developing and maintaining content creation training documentation.
- Providing support for UNIFI users both locally and nationally.
- 5+ years' experience in AEC
- 3-4 years’ experience producing Revit Documentation.
- Proficiency in Revit and complex/advance content creation (Revit Families) is essential
- Understanding of design, building technology and Construction Documentation.
- Self-motivated, strong communication skills (verbal and written) and strong work ethic.
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Capable of assisting in the production of documentation.
- Capabilities in;
- Executing and implementing BIM standards, and templates with advice from the reporting personnel;
- Upskilling the team on best practice in Revit.
- Support project teams by creating content library files, managing and evaluating Revit models.