An opportunity for a talented graphic designer, with experience in coordinating submissions, to join our Perth Studio.
COX is a national architectural practice with studios in every major Australian city and a history spanning 60 years. Our practice is some 500+ talented architects, urban planners, interior designers, researchers and digital visualisation experts. Design is central to our thinking across all measures of influence. COX works within a collegiate framework across design sectors and seeks the brightest minds to innovate our design processes.
The Perth studio is a team of around 40 people, architects, interior designers and support staff creating major public and institutional projects within Australia and internationally. We work from a light-filled, open-plan studio in a heritage building in the heart of the CBD.
The COX Perth studio is currently seeking a talented Senior Graphic Designer/Submissions Coordinator to join our team. Working closely with the Directors and Senior Management, the role encompasses creating all local marketing and communications materials. These include tender submissions, capability documents, sector brochures, marketing material and awards entries.
As part of our national graphics and marketing team you will be the Perth brand manager, ensuring that our brand guidelines are applied with consistency across all touch points. You will upload documents to our central marketing hub and coordinate with the national graphics team.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Managing and delivering the formal responses to Expressions of Interest and Tender Documents [government and private], working to meet deadlines
- Writing, editing and formatting submissions and marketing collateral
- Interacting with the National Graphics Team across branches
- Participate and contribute to marketing coordination with National Marketing Team
- Maintaining and creating company profiles and sector brochures
- Maintaining and creating staff CV’s
- General Marketing – all relevant awards entries, magazine and other marketing, visual presentations
The successful candidate will possess:
- Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
- 3+ years industry / design experience
- Writing and editing skills
- A sound understanding of the technical requirements for print and digital output
- Be adept at understanding tender requirements and deadlines
- Possess excellent communication and liaison skills with senior management and key stakeholders.
- Must be able to work under pressure with simultaneous deadlines
- Technically proficient in full Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in InDesign
- Digital marketing experience an advantage
- Creative and passionate about all aspects of design, trends and forecasting
- Strong interpersonal, written, presentation and oral communication skills
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively and autonomously
- Driven and self-motivated with a curious mind
- Ability to work with urgency in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Possess strong conceptual, layout and typographical skills.
- Proficient in managing multiple tasks and respecting internal and external deadlines.
Additional skills that will be well received
- Skills in photography, video editing and or animation
- Experience working within the architectural sector
To apply please provide a covering letter, CV and folio of experience to firstname.lastname@example.org