We are looking for a People & Culture (HR) Advisor to join our studio. This is a new position and will become part of our growing COX People & Culture Team. Our People & Culture Department is run by our Head of People & Culture located in Melbourne. The People & Culture Advisor is a hands-on P&C generalist role and will work closely with the Head of People & Culture across all aspects of P&C including but not limited to; Admin, Recruitment, Performance Management, Employee Relations, etc. to deliver best practice P&C for our Brisbane Studio.
COX Architecture is a multidisciplinary Australian practice which integrates architecture, planning, urban design and interior design.
We are unusual for a large multi-studio practice in that we work to a defined design ethos in all studios. This ethos is based upon principles of structure, craft, art and nature. With a focus on human-centric design, we provide a supportive and collaborative culture where we encourage our people to strive for excellence in everything they do.
Our Studios are reflections of the ever-evolving workplace typology, recognising that our diverse teams require workplaces that respect their comfort, encourage sociability, and imbue creativity.
These workplaces speak to the values of both COX and the cities in which we operate. Anything is possible for our people in these curated, sustainable, and inspiring spaces.
Our studio is located in Brisbane’s CBD, situated on the river and at the entry to the Botanical Gardens.
We are looking for a People & Culture (HR) Advisor to join our studio. This is a new position and will become part of our growing COX People & Culture Team.
About the Role:
Our People & Culture Department is run by our Head of People & Culture located in Melbourne. The People & Culture Advisor is a hands-on P&C generalist role and will work closely with the Head of People & Culture across all aspects of P&C including but not limited to; Admin, Recruitment, Performance Management, Employee Relations, etc. to deliver best practice P&C for our Brisbane Studio.
Key Responsibilities Brisbane Studio:
- Work closely with the Head of People & Culture to provide support and coaching to the management team in implementing the P&C Strategy for the Studio
- Assist with the development of the Recruitment strategy including but not limited to talent identification and acquisition and execute for the studio
- Coordinate recruitment activities, interviews, reference checks, onboarding, and induction. All contracts, salary and bonus letters are created by our Associate – Finance Manager
- Coordinate work experience and internship programs
- Participate in resourcing meetings
- Partner with Directors and Associates in Talent Management and Planning
- Assist with building and maintaining a skills matrix
- Coordinate and manage employee check-ins and performance review process, scheduling, recording, actions, and monitoring
- Refine local role descriptions (interim) & career plans / pathway roadmaps
- Manage and coordinate professional development program, including but not limited to CPD, training sessions, seminars. team building and leadership programs
- Develop local P&C initiatives to foster a positive and vibrant working environment to enhance employee experience, well-being, and studio culture
- Coordinate and promote EAP information and initiatives within the studio
- Conduct exit interviews and report findings and recommendations to Head of People & Culture
- Conduct benefit analysis to ensure COX is competitive to attract and retain great talent, provide recommendations to Head of People & Culture
- Manage employee records
- Assist with automation and system development of P&C functions
- Provide advice and support to employees on application of COX policies and procedures
- Ensure all performance, conduct and grievance matters are managed and documented, mediate disputes and ensure issues are resolved in a timely and professional manner
- Provide timely and accurate advice to management on performance, under performance, and conduct issues
- Manage WHS responsibilities within the studio, incident reports, hazard/risk register and communicate and consult with employees on WHS matters
Key Responsibilities COX P&C:
- Work closely with the Head of People & Culture to assist with the delivery and coordination of the P&C Strategy, initiatives, and projects to improve the employee experience
- Opportunity to lead key P&C projects across all COX studios
- Assist with regular reviews of P&C policies and procedures to ensure they are current and reflect any changes to relevant legislation or company practice
- Assist with management and maintenance of our People & Culture Hub
- Assist with management and maintenance of P&C related information within the COX Submissions & Business Development Hub
- Lead role with AccessEAP our Employee Assistance Program. Main point of contact internally for all initiatives and activities. Review and oversight from Head of People & Culture
- At least 2-5 years’ experience in a generalist P&C role
- Competent in MS Office (Word, Excel), Zoom and MS Teams
- Experience partnering with management teams
- Strong knowledge of Australian employment legislation, including Fair Work Act, Awards, WHS, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build effective relationships
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organisational and time management skills, ability to prioritise competing demands and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive, hands-on approach with a willingness to learn
- Ability to resolve complex issues
- Adaptable and forward thinking
- Self-starter who is equally comfortable working independently and as part of a small team, with minimal supervision
- Certificate IV in Human Resource Management (essential) or higher degree
If you are passionate about people and improving the employee experience with an interest in architecture and design, then we would like to hear from you.
To apply please forward a cover letter and CV to Careers@cox.com.au