Our Adelaide studio is currently searching for a talented and technically focused Interior designer who can contribute to a wide range of projects spanning sectors.
Do you have a passion for crafted design solutions that speak to people, place and context?
Do you aspire to work in an interdisciplinary studio with a clear design voice?
Are you a dynamic team member that can lead, inspire and collaborate with your peers?
If you are a team player with aspirations and passion to contribute to our evolving interiors team, we want to hear from you. We are seeking a talented Interior Designer who shares our studios’ ethos and values that is ready to take on new challenges, or the next step in their career.
COX are ‘by the many, for the many.’ Our practice is some 600 talented architects, urban planners, interior designers, graphic designers, researchers, and digital visualisation experts. We continuously seek the brightest minds to innovate design, process, and typology.
Established over 50 years ago, our longstanding history has established key principles we continue to prioritise today. One being the planning of cities and design of spaces that are adaptable to change – cultural, social, technological, and economic. The other is the creation of sustainable spaces – environmental strategies that are embedded, rather than added, to our designs.
The COX Adelaide Studio is currently working on major design projects in a range of sectors and the successful candidate will work alongside senior staff shaping our future city. This role gives the opportunity to work on projects of significance, collaborating with a team that brings experience, enthusiasm and a passion for high quality design outcomes.
We invest in our staff with mentoring, regular career development reviews, flexible work practices, generous parental leave, training, and a sustainable, diverse, fun, and educational atmosphere.
About the Role
Working within a collegiate framework of creatives, you will assist in the design and delivery of projects from inception through to completion, offering mentoring and guidance to fellow colleagues. You will possess a natural leadership style, championing the values of our studio and supporting the Studio Leadership Team and Directors throughout all project phases. You will help to craft tailored design solutions that speak to people, place and context whilst nurturing relationships with clients and project partners.
COX recognises the value in the right candidate and is looking to offer a competitive package to the individual that aligns to our studio’s ethos and values. We are willing to negotiate a relocation allowance to Australian-based applicants.
- Contribute creatively to the studio with knowledge and ownership across various projects, both as a leader and/or as part of a project team.
- Contribute to the production of detailed working drawings, schedules, specifications and presentation material.
- Oversee and lead review of documentation to ensure design intent and quality is maintained.
- Liaise and coordinate with project team members, clients and consultants to deliver best for project and practice outcomes.
- Assist in mentoring the Interior Design team and broader studio to assist in diversifying experience, capability and skillset.
- Support the Studio Leadership team as required through championing the ethos and values of our studio.
Experience & Competencies
· 7+ years demonstrated experience
· A passion to help craft and deliver outstanding design solutions
· A strong attention for detail and design
· Excellent design development and documentation skills with construction detail knowledge
· Excellent inter–disciplinary and sub-consultant coordination skills
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Excellent time management with ability to meet deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
· Ability to build effective relationships with peers and project partners
· An adaptable and progressive mindset
· Excellent software skills: REVIT, Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite favourable
· Exceptional, forward-thinking design solutions must be reflected in your portfolio
· Degree in Interior Design or Architecture from a recognised institution required
Salary guide of $80K – $100K
If you are a team player with aspirations and passion to contribute to our team, then we would like to hear from you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and portfolio.