COX is seeking a highly motivated Interior Designer with minimum of 3 – 5 years design industry experience. The candidate should possess a creative design focus, along with an engaging client manner. Capacity to work in various individual and team formats and contribute to the studio culture is sort. Astute attention to detail and material selections, as well as a robust command of operational and technical platforms will be viewed highly.
COX are ‘by the many, for the many.’ Our practice is some 600 talented architects, urban planners, interior designers, graphic designers, researchers, and digital visualisation experts. We continuously seek the brightest minds to innovate design, process, and typology.
Established over 50 years ago, our longstanding history has established key principles we continue to prioritise today. One being the planning of cities and design of spaces that are adaptable to change – cultural, social, technological, and economic. The other is the creation of sustainable spaces – environmental strategies that are embedded, rather than added, to our designs.
Today, we are one of the largest architectural practices in Australasia. Working across the globe on projects of international significance, our team brings experience and enthusiasm to every new project and client.
We invest in our people with mentoring, regular career development reviews, flexible work practices, generous parental leave, training, and a sustainable, diverse, fun, and educational atmosphere.
COX is seeking a highly motivated Interior Designer with minimum of 3 – 5 years design industry experience. The candidate should possess a creative design focus, along with an engaging client manner. Capacity to work in various individual and team formats and contribute to the studio culture is sort. Astute attention to detail and material selections, as well as a robust command of operational and technical platforms will be viewed highly
- Support the Interior Design Architectural teams
- Provide interior design leadership and expertise in collaboration with the Cox team on multiple projects, including base building and interiors-based projects [with relevant experience in];
- Deliver creative, effective and innovative solutions for workplaces, commercial facilities, community facilities, hospitality and residential interior design;
- Focus on, design excellence, research, strategy, process and technology to create practical, functional, enriching and enduring spaces which benefit the client and the community;
- Promote the practice, manage projects and work with project staff, as wll as positively contribute to the development/guidance of other staff;
- Report to Directors/Associates/Senior Staff
- Client liaison, project management, including but not limited to correspondence and meetings attendance, coordination of client and consultant contribution;
- Review design, documentation, specifying and scheduling of interior spaces, materials and finishes, FF+E and loose furniture;
- Promote comprehensive research and investigations of available product quality, sustainability and availability
- Liaise with the client and design team to assess the interpretation and strategic value of briefed requirements, to work towards innovative solutions;
- Commitment to continuous learning and development, actively seek out opportunities to broaden the knowledge base and skills that can be brought to the company; and
- Contribute to the documentation of projects in Revit
- Promotes sustainability in design and material/finishes/fixtures and furniture selections
- Abilities in client liaison, personal responsibility for delivery of project outcomes, on time and within budget;
- Quality design and presentation skills;
- Proficient software programs including REVIT, ADOBE SUITE as required for presentations, specifications and scheduling;
- Skilled at conceptual envisioning of project and space planning;
- Competent at problem-solving, with the ability to deal with complex issues;
- Significant contribution to all stages of the design, delivery and construction process;
- Promote research in ESD and knowledge-sharing within the practice;
- Recognised degree in Interior Design or Architecture;
If you enjoy working in a creative, busy environment and would like to be part of the team, please submit your application with a covering letter, together with your CV and portfolio to Careers.Perth@cox.com.au.