As a Junior Cyber Security Analyst, you will play a vital role in ICT team (12 team members nationally) managing security products operationally, assisting with patch management, and supporting general security operations. This is an excellent opportunity for either a junior cyber security analyst with 1 to 2 years of experience, or recent graduate with excellent passion and knowledge of cyber security – critically we are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about cyber security and eager to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment within the architectural industry.
COX are ‘by the many, for the many.’ Our practice is some 600 talented architects, urban planners, interior designers, graphic designers, researchers, and digital visualisation experts. We continuously seek the brightest minds to innovate design, process, and typology.
Established over 50 years ago, our longstanding history has established key principles we continue to prioritise today. One being the planning of cities and design of spaces that are adaptable to change – cultural, social, technological, and economic. The other is the creation of sustainable spaces – environmental strategies that are embedded, rather than added, to our designs.
Today, we are one of the largest architectural practices in Australasia. Working across the globe on projects of international significance, our team brings experience and enthusiasm to every new project and client.
We invest in our people with mentoring, regular career development reviews, flexible work practices, generous parental leave, training, and a sustainable, diverse, fun, and educational atmosphere.
Managing Security products operationally:
- Utilise and oversee the operation of Trend Micro products, including endpoint, email, cloud, XDR etc.
- Utilise and assist in the operation of other products, including firewalls, application allow listing, etc.
- Investigate and Respond to alerts within the product suites, collaborating with other members of the Cox IT team.
- Assist the Cox IT Team in patch testing and managing Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs) identified through security tools.
General Security Operations:
- Support the Cox IT team in various cyber security activities, such as software testing and the maintenance or development of cyber security policies.
- Lead security training and awareness campaigns for Cox, utilizing available tools and resources.
- Regular security reporting
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree in a relevant field (e.g., Cyber Security, Information Systems, Computer Science) or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 to 2 years of experience or demonstrated passion and knowledge in cyber security.
- Strong passion for cyber security and a demonstrated eagerness to learn and stay up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of Trend Micro, Palo Alto, Ivanti and Microsoft products or other security software is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to investigate and resolve security incidents.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with team members and stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time efficiently, and adapt to changing priorities in a dynamic work environment.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., CompTIA Security+, Certified Ethical Hacker) are advantageous.
We offer a competitive salary package and a supportive work environment that fosters continuous learning and professional development. If you are a motivated individual who is passionate about cyber security and ready to embark on an exciting career within the architectural industry, we encourage you to apply.
Join Cox Architecture and contribute to the protection of our organization’s critical assets and the defense against cyber threats.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications for this position to Careers.Perth@cox.com.au. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.