Our Canberra studio is currently searching for talented interior designer who can contribute to our growing and busy Interiors team. We have a diverse range of projects across a range of sectors including government, corporate, education, hospitality, sport & leisure, transport, health, retail, and multi- residential.
- Provide interior design leadership and expertise in collaboration with the Cox multi-disciplinary team on a range of projects, including base building and interiors-based projects.
- Deliver creative, and innovative solutions locally, nationally and internationally for clients requiring workplace, educational, commercial, community facility, hospitality and residential interior design.
- Focus on client satisfaction, design excellence, responsive service, research, strategy, process and technology to create practical, functional, enriching and enduring spaces which benefit the client and the community.
- Liaison and coordination with project team, clients and consultants
- Client liaison, project management, including but not limited to correspondence and meeting attendance, coordination of client and consultant contribution, site visits
- Production of detailed workings, plans, drawings, schedules and specifications
- Review design, documentation, specifying and scheduling of interior spaces, materials and finishes, FF+E and loose furniture
- Design and documentation skills using REVIT
- Design and planning, including graphic requirements / presentations
- Quality Assurance to ensure documentation complies with current regulations and standards
- Understanding of regulatory standards and contractual obligations; and
- Commitment to continuous learning and development, actively seek out opportunities to broaden the knowledge base and skills that can be brought to the company.
Competencies and experience required:
- Mid (5-8 years) experience
- Senior level 10+ years preferably in commercial sector
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated abilities in client liaison, personal responsibility for delivery of project outcomes, on time and within budget
- Concept design to construction detail knowledge, and interdisciplinary coordination
- Excellent design and presentation skills
- Solutions focussed, analytical thinking, initiative, time management important
- Intermediate to strong level of REVIT skills – ESSENTIAL
- Working knowledge of RHINO (Desirable)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite & Microsoft Office
- Degree in Interior Architecture or Architecture
If you are a team player with aspirations and passion to contribute to our evolving interiors team, then we would like to hear from you. Email email@example.com with your CV and portfolio.