The Researcher will provide support to the National Head of Research and Development in the delivery of national research programs with a focus on The Sector Research Program. This program delivers short research projects for each of COX national sectors. This is a full-time contract position for up to 12 months to cover one of our team members on parental leave.
COX is a large Architectural Practice with 7 Studios across Australia and New Zealand. Research and innovation at COX drives project performance, ensuring that our clients and cities are best equipped to confront future challenges, emerging with better outcomes for all.
We do this through the sensitive implementation of innovative design thinking, leading-edge and emerging technologies, research-informed insights and strategies, and the collective design and research community that is distinctively COX.
Our researchers and innovators are a cross-disciplinary group of experts, who come together to ensure the highest project performance, partnering with our practice, from project start to completion and beyond.
Our wider COX research community contributes to COX through national and studio-based groups such as Design Technology, Computational Design, Crafting COX, e-COX and COX Connect. The COX research community also contributes beyond the studio through active relationships with 20 Australian universities.
The Researcher will provide support to the National Head of Research and Development in the delivery of national research programs with a focus on The Sector Research Program. This program delivers short research projects for each of COX national sectors.
This is a full-time contract position for up to 12 months to cover one of our team members on parental leave.
- Write and curate research content
- Curate research from secondary data sources and COX projects
- Synthesise and analyse secondary data
- Produce research reports in InDesign
- Produce graphics for research reports and presentations
- Administer research projects
- Assist with quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
- Assist with ideation workshops, collaborating with national sector leads and experts
- Ad-hoc research tasks
- Assist with content curation for our internal research communications platform
- Support and assist with design and implementation of strategic initiatives
- Liaise with directors, associates, and employees across the practice
Knowledge and experience:
- Experience writing and curating research content related to architecture and design
- Quantitative or qualitative research methods experience or training (i.e., surveys, interviews, focus groups)
- Experience with, or an understanding of, relevant analytic tools and software
- Data analysis software such as Excel, SPSS, Q
- Survey software such as MS Forms, SurveyMonkey or Qualtrics
- Visual collaboration software such as Miro
- Ability to pitch, unpack, interrogate, slice, and explain research data (data storytelling)
- Experience managing projects
- Strong written communication skills
- Graphic Design skills an advantage
- Presentation skills
- Passion for research
- Demonstrable experience working autonomously and collaboratively in teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to build effective relationships
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Adaptable and forward thinking
- Ability to quickly learn new software skills
- Masters or Honours degree in Social Sciences, Business, or Built Environment preferred but not essential
If you are interested in this role or would like more information, please contact
Dr Jacqueline Baker firstname.lastname@example.org