The Sir Zelman Cowen Centre for Science allows the school to build on its past whilst projecting its future. The project will explore new educational models that develop a physical environment that engages with the boys whilst encouraging relationships with staff through intimacy and knowledge.
The facility will be a functional benchmark in the design of teaching, lab and preparatory spaces. This includes:
- Safety in design and use, particularly with regard to the management of hazardous materials
- A robust and resilient environment that can cope with the demands of its intended use
- A low maintenance and operationally efficient environment
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Security and accessibility
- Providing a healthy work environment
Each level of the Centre for Science will be a unique learning landscape bringing together formal teaching labs, staff offices and facilities and a central learning hub called The Atoll. A variety of learning and collaborative settings are available in The Atoll to encourage Student – Student, Teacher – Teacher and Teacher – Student interaction. The extensive atrium brings natural light to the space through all floors and offers visual connection across levels. The suite of spaces in the new Centre for Science provides the ideal platform for learning through a diverse range of active, participatory and collaborative environments.
- Technical Information
- Cox Team